I have been working in internet marketing now for a little over 10 years. Boy has the landscape on the internet changed in such a short period of time! Personally, that’s one of the things I absolutely LOVE about this industry. The ever changing environment forces the even the “best of the best” to keep getting better, to stay sharp and KNOW what they are talking about at all times. We’ve gone from having conversations in the early days that start with “What is this SEO thing you keep talking about?” to “hey click-finders, I need help with how to start Inbound Marketing and/or SEO and I found you guys…”. Man do we LOVE to hear that!
The best part of the change is that I actually spend less time explaining [what] Inbound Marketing is and more time on [how] we can help a client achieve their goals. Most people we talk to love the idea and concept behind Inbound Marketing. I mean really…who is going to say to us on the phone something like this;
“Yeah…hey thanks for the info, but we really don’t need more leads for our business this year. We are good to go spending more money on our ever increasingly ineffective traditional marketing avenues so thanks but no thanks!”
That just does NOT happen. If they contacted us, it’s because someone there wants to grow their business. What we do hear more often is “hey, we love your ideas; we believe your plan will work and we’re going to get started first thing next year/next month/next week! We’ll be in touch”.
Two things come to mind when I hear statement like that! #1 – Cool…I’ve done my job, they believe in Inbound and most likely call us when they are ready to get started (#winning). And #2 – I sure hope their competition isn’t starting next week…or worse, last month!
10 Reasons why you absolutely should not wait to start Inbound Marketing efforts for another day:
- 1 – Do you advertise on TV? Did you know that about 86% of all TV watchers now skip TV commercials altogether? Estimates may be even higher with the advent and prolific distribution of the DVR.
- 2 – Companies everywhere are increasing their spending on Inbound Marketing efforts. In fact, in 2011 they spent nearly 3 times as much on this marketing platform as they did in 2009. In other words…your competitors may already be beating you!
- 3 – Inbound Marketing costs 62% LESS per lead than traditional marketing.
- 4 – Inbound Marketing converts more customers! Typical close rates for Inbound are about 15% of all leads, where traditional lead sources (TV, Radio, etc.) are about 2%.
- 5 – FACT: Google is the new Yellow Pages! 61% of global internet users conduct product research online before they make a purchase.
- 6 – 57% of TV viewers use the internet simultaneously.
- 7 – Ranking high in the search engines is no longer optional for business success, it is CRITICAL.
- 8 – 75% of search engine users never go past the first page of Google.
- 9 – The more keyword rich content you generate, the better chance you have of ranking high in the search results for the products or services you offer.
- 10 – Companies who blog on a regular basis have 97% more links to their website than those who don’t.
*Stats from: Multiple sources compiled in 120 Marketing Stats Charts and Graphs by Hubspot
So, if you need more leads for your business, if you want to spend less money per lead for your business, if you want your business to dominate the search engine results pages for the products or services you offer…than the real question is;
“How can you afford to wait to start Inbound Marketing program for even a day?”
Image Credit: Freedigitalphotos.net